Encapsulating your placenta for ingestion is becoming increasingly common. While there isn’t extensive research on the benefits, there have been reports by mamas who ingest their placenta in their postpartum period experience:
- Increase in mama’s overall energy
- Quicker return to health after birth “bouncing back” more rapidly.
- Increased production of breast milk
- Decreased likelihood of baby blues and postnatal depression
- Decreased likelihood of iron deficiency
- Decreased likelihood of postpartum insomnia or sleep disorders