Alistair Lawyer (she/her/hers) has actively worked as a certified birth Doula for six years in both Wisconsin and Colorado, lives and practices in the heart of Denver and passionately believes in the individualistic nature of each pregnancy, birth and postpartum experience. She continually strives to properly support both mother and child where and how it is needed, which she first learned when a wonderful Midwife allowed her to participate in her own sister’s birth at age 8 and later during the uniqueness of her own four pregnancies and births, each being transformative in its own way. Alistair has worked with first-time mothers, experienced birthers and even active cancer patients, being well versed in both a hospital and a home setting for labor support.
She believes that within each mother resides the birthright to choose both the how and where to labor and that this sacred experience should reflect the mother’s personal preferences and needs throughout the pregnancy, birth and postpartum care. Alistair empowers each mother to develop and utilize the tools they already innately possess throughout pregnancy, labor and the postpartum transition. Her mission is to help create a birth story for each mother that is joyful and fulfilling at each milestone. Alistair has had much success working with mothers who have struggled with natural birth in the past, but wish to birth without interventions. However, she firmly believes in a non-judgmental safe space for birthing mothers to labor and deliver according to their own personalized birth plan, beliefs and preferences. There is no wrong way to give birth; there is only your own way.
Alistair majored in Women’s studies at the University of Colorado-Denver, and in her free time she enjoys nearly anything outdoors with her husband and five children, reading 19th century American authors and poets (how great is R.W. Emerson?!), is passionate about personal fitness and wellbeing, with an emphasis on gender equality in every aspect of life. She loves to study the history of childbirth in the United States and actively works to return the practice into the hands of each mother through her work as a Doula and activist.
Alistair’s support services as a birth Doula:
- 2 prenatal visits in your home to create a birthing plan reflecting your personalized vision and pre-labor coaching for both you and any birthing partners
- Personal affirmation development, relief using massage and pressure point application, breathing techniques, positioning and movement for labor and emotional support based on individual needs through intuitive and active communication
- 24-hour phone availability and on call service after week 38 of pregnancy
- Birthing photos, if requested (While Alistair is not a professional photographer she can wield a camera phone with the best of them)
- Full doula support throughout your labor, at your place of choosing
- Postpartum visit 3-5 days after birth to aid in lactation support and emotional wellbeing
Please contact Alistair for your free consultation at email@example.com or by phone @608-338-6675